If you are searching for “at home newborn photography near me”, chances are that you are expecting or have recently given birth to a sweet baby. Congratulations, mama! My name is Stephanie, your professional and highly rated newborn photographer in Northern Virginia and the Washington, D.C. Metro area. I believe that everything happens for a reason and it’s no coincidence that you have stumbled across my blog. Whether you decide on a newborn session at home or in my cozy studio in Leesburg, Virginia, I’m here to help you create a newborn photography experience you’ve been dreaming of.
At home newborn photography sessions are a great fit for you if you are looking to have the first fleeting moments with your newborn captured in the comfort of your own home. Imagine a first family portrait in your living room, master bedroom, nursery, or even your backyard…being able to include your fur babies (if there are any) make these sessions a client favorite.
At Home Newborn Photography Near Me : What To Expect
I primarily photograph newborn images in the nursery, master bedroom, and living room, however, it’s more about finding the rooms with the best natural light and color scheme. Your baby will determine the flow of the session. If your little one is hungry when I arrive, I will start with some feeding shots. If you are a breastfeeding mom, I’d love to capture the visually emotional bond between you and your child. Whether it’s your baby’s tiny fingers wrapped around yours, or the tiny little feet resting in your lap; these captures are as special as the time nursing your sweet angel. Clients who book their session with me will get a taste of both, lifestyle and posed newborn photography. I will make use of your home, your decor, your furniture, and even include your family pets if interested.
Preparing For Your Newborn Session At Home
Your home does not have to be perfect. It’s your home and it’s supposed to look lived in. To prepare for your photoshoot, my recommendations are the following:
- Take a deep breath. Let’s start there. This is an exciting time!
- Focusing on declutting your home will make a huge difference.
- Please give windows or mirrors a quick wipe. Streaks and/or dust can be very obvious in photographs.
- Please turn on the heat, or, alternatively, turn off the air conditioning.
The adults may feel a bit hot and uncomfortable, but your baby will be toasty and happy.
- If baby’s skin is a little dry or flakey, try applying a small bit of baby lotion to those spots the day before our session.
- While wearing comfortable clothing is highly recommended, I do encourage neutral colors, steering away from shirts with logos or bold patterns. Casual clothing is perfect and bare feet look most natural in a home setting. Moms, consider a light flowy shirt, maxi dress or a pretty cotton gown that will be both comfortable and soft while you are cuddling with your new baby.
“Stephanie took some of the best pictures our family has had! We look forward to future sessions with her! Reach out to her for your photography needs! You won’t be disappointed” You can read the full review here!
You’ve searched for “at home newborn photography near me” and you found me. As one of the most adored and highly rated newborn photographers in Northern Virginia and the Washington, D.C. Metro area I cannot wait to meet you and start planning your session. Inquire with me today!
Before you go, be sure to check out Brittany Avenue Photography. The latest blog post on maternity session information will leave no question unanswered.
I love older sister’s passion for photography in this newborn session! What sweet memories this family is creating in their home.
I absolutely love sessions at home, and that first image is exactly why! Families and kids get to be themselves, and you get a glimpse into what their real life looks like.
leave a comment