As a Washington D.C. newborn photographer, I want to emphasize the importance of newborn photos with parents. It’s been 11 years since our daughter was born. Though we hired the best newborn photographer in town, my number one regret is not being in the newborn photo session. In this article, I’ll cover why you should be in your newborn photos and some tips to make your newborn photos with parents a session you won’t forget. Let’s dive in!
Do Moms Need To Be In The Newborn Photoshoot?
As moms, we are often hard on ourselves right after delivery- whether it’s gaining a few extra pounds during pregnancy or feeling overwhelmed with adjusting to life with a new baby. However, newborn photos with parents are an important way to capture those special moments and document the journey of parenthood. Believe me when I say that your kids will cherish the images with you in them the most. Don’t miss out on these special memories!
What Other Family Members Should Be Included In The Newborn Photo Session?
In addition to moms, it’s also a great idea to include other family members in the newborn photo session to create a unique experience that captures everyone’s joy. Having all of your loved ones involved also helps create memories that will last a lifetime. This might include grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, godparents, or even close friends.
Tips From Your Washington D.C. Newborn Photographer: How To Take Newborn Photos With Parents
Once you’ve decided who should be in your newborn photoshoot, the next step is to make sure that everything runs smoothly. Here are some tips to help make your session even more special:
- Schedule a session at least two to three weeks after birth – this will give you and your baby plenty of time to adjust and rest.
- Make sure to plan ahead and coordinate outfits, props, and other details ahead of time
- Take some candid shots as well as posed photos- this will help capture both sides of the story
- Be prepared to take frequent breaks as needed- remember that babies can get fussy, so be prepared to adjust accordingly
- Most importantly, don’t forget to have fun and enjoy this special time with your new baby!
Wrapping It Up: Don’t Miss Out On These Special Moments
The newborn photo session is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that you won’t want to miss out on. Make sure both parents and siblings are present and have as many family members involved as possible to make the experience extra special. If you’re looking for a Washington, D.C., newborn photographer, contact me today to discuss your newborn photo session! I’d love to help you capture these moments that will last forever.
Want even more resources? Check out some of my other posts below:
- Cozy D.C. Christmas Newborn Session At Home: D.C. Newborn Photographer
- 5 Tips To Prepare For Your Maternity Photo Session In D.C.
- The 6 Best Pediatric Dentists In The DMV