I can’t get over how beautiful this family is! My name is Stephanie, YOUR professional Washington D.C. newborn photographer. Hello and welcome to my blog! For more information about a photoshoot with me, please inquire here!
Veronica reached out to me in May of this year, wondering if I’d be around to photograph her baby girl’s newborn session. It wasn’t the first time working with these lovely people. I got to photograph their firstborn, Sofia, in their home in Washington, D.C., Almost two years ago. I was overjoyed to hear the wonderful news and might have done a little happy dance, too. The family has since moved to Chevy Chase, and Sofia has…well…grown a lot! A little shy and curious at first, upon my arrival, Sofia quickly warmed up to me and ended up sharing lots of giggles and sweet moments.
In this article, I’ll share all the lovely details of this in-home session, shot by a Washington D.C. newborn photographer (me!).
Can Siblings Attend A Newborn Photoshoot In D.C.?
Wondering if you should include a sibling during your newborn photoshoot in D.C.? Yes, of course you can! There are tons of benefits to including siblings:
When including siblings, my professional recommendation as your Washington, D.C. newborn photographer is to start with family photos first. I was aware of Sofia’s nap schedule and wanted to make the most of my time with her. A little game of peek-a-boo, tickles, and imitating animal sounds made all the difference in the world. I’m pretty sure I was jumping up and down a gazillion times, too. My clients will tell you that I will go to great lengths to get and keep your little ones engaged.
Why Should I Do An In-Home Newborn Photography Session In D.C.?
As a Washington D.C. newborn photographer, I’ve witnessed the amazing moments captured through in-home newborn photography sessions. Many parents wonder if it’s worth it to have a photographer come into their home shortly after having a baby, but I believe there are many benefits to doing an in-home session. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider an in-home newborn photography session in D.C.:
- Comfort and Convenience: Bringing your new baby to a studio for a photography session can be stressful and tiring. You have to pack up all of the necessary items, travel with your newborn, and try to keep them calm during the entire shoot. With an in-home session, you don’t have to worry about any of that. As a Washington D.C. newborn photographer, I know that when your baby can stay in their familiar environment, it makes it easier for them (and you!) to relax. Plus, you have everything you need right at your fingertips.
- Personalization: Your home is a reflection of your family and who you are. By having an in-home Washington D.C. newborn photographer, you can incorporate personal touches and elements into the photos that make them truly unique. This could include using specific heirlooms or props, showcasing your baby’s nursery, or even including beloved pets in some of the shots. These personal touches make the photos even more special to you and your family.
- Natural and Meaningful Moments: In-home sessions allow for more natural and candid moments to be captured. Your baby will feel comfortable in their own space, allowing them to show off their personality and creating genuine interactions between family members. These authentic moments are often some of the most cherished memories captured in an in-home newborn photography session.
Can we talk about the headband collection in Ella’s nursery? The choices are endless. As a Washington D.C. newborn photographer, I had to capture this beautiful to showcase the gorgeous nusery.
This pose is one of my favorites. Ella decided to open her eyes and share a brief smile.
Conclusion: Washington D.C. Newborn Photographer In-Home Session
As a Washington D.C. newborn photographer, I highly recommend considering an in-home session for your newborn photos. Not only does it provide convenience and personalization, but it also allows for natural and meaningful moments to be captured. So why not capture these precious moments in the comfort of your own home? Schedule an in-home newborn photography session today to create lasting memories that you and your family will cherish forever. Contact me today to get started. I can’t wait to meet you and book your session.
Want even more resources? Check out some of my other posts below:
- 5 Vital Tips For Decorating Your Nursery In Northern Virginia
- 4 Easy Ways To Baby-Proof Your House
- Top 3 Morning Sickness Tips You Need to Know: Northern Virginia Maternity Photographer